Radon is an odorless, tasteless, invisible gas produced by the decay of naturally occurring uranium in soil and water. It is found in outdoor air as well as indoor air in homes and buildings.
There is no known safe level of radon exposure. Radon starts underneath the foundation of homes or buildings and moves upwards through the ground to the air above and into your home through cracks
and other holes in your foundation. Your home or building traps radon inside, where it begins to build up. Any home, old or new, can have a radon problem.
There are two ways to test for radon, Short-term and Long-term Testing:
Short-Term Testing – Radon testing kit remains in the home/building anywhere from 2 days to 90 days.
Long-Term Testing – Radon testing kit remains in the home/building greater than 90 days.